Drawn and Quarterly Your Shopping Cart
Home About Artists Shop Events Press New Blog 211 Bernard Store Blog
Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Chris Ware's Multi-Story Building Model


It's not everyday I get to write a blog post about Chris Ware! And I'm afraid whatever words I manage to come up with here just won't be eloquent enough to fully describe my admiration for his art. Every time Chris comes out with new work, it never fails that I come across something in it that makes me fall in love with his art all over again, even more deeply than I was before. I'm sure the collected Building Stories will be no exception; I can't wait to pick up my copy at SPX (and then hide under the booth for an hour or so cradling it). But, in the meantime, I have something very special here in the office to tide me (and you) over. That's right: The Multi-Story Building Model! Feast your eyes!


It's fourteen full-colour pages that you can cut out, past together, and then play inside of (if you are really, really tiny). There's even a wine bottle to go on the table! And cereal boxes. And a vase. A tiny tiny vase with a flower inside.



We had two new interns start yesterday: we're giving them the afternoon to assemble this thing. If it's not assembled by 5pm, they're fired. (Kidding! Really, I'M KIDDING. There are 90 pieces!)


This is one of the newbies, Shauna, with a little bit of our other new intern, Vanessa, lingering in the background for good measure.

The model is a limited edition of 1000, each signed and numbered. You can get them at your LCS or from our website. We'll also have limited supply available at SPX; and there will be some on hand at Chris's New York City and Chicago exhibits. The official release date for comics shops is October 24, but you can get it here (on THIS website and from Librairie Drawn and Quarterly) starting Monday, September 17th!! Seems safe to say these won't last long.

Archive

HOME BACK Your Shopping Cart
ABOUT D+Q
ARTISTS
SHOP
EVENTS
PRESS
NEW
Newsletter
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


copyright 2010 drawn & quarterly